Saturday, May 29, 2010

Where Can I Sell My Trumpet

Sunday 30 May 2010

Joshua fell facedown to the ground, prayed and said, What says my Lord to his servant? Joshua
5.14

Christ says: If you want to serve me, follow me and where I am, there shall my servant be also. John
12.26

successor is humanity

The call to discipleship is nothing less than the call to humanity. "What have you done one of these least, ... (Matthew 25). While creating distance from the world to follow Jesus because our life no longer find the rises. But it points we just new to this world as God's creation, to the neighbor as a gift and task. The spirit of the successor is the spirit of true humanity. To quote A.bert Schweitzer (from: Mesch and humanity, Stuttgart, 1956):
"Wherever the idea of sympathy and love is in the spirit of humanity evolving. Humanitarian spirit is that which the nature of man, his higher being who raises him above all creatures equal. For in his development, he has acquired the assets of sympathy and of witnessing, and this power must now define its behavior in all. The first to dare to speak out and to think, were the thinkers of the late Stoicism. You coined the concept of humanity spirit, and she agrees with the idea of love as it occurs in the Jewish prophets, with Jesus, in Paul. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment